Olayinka J. Adeniyi
Joseph is a Partner in the Firm. He attended the University of Lagos where he obtained his LL.B and Masters of Law in 1990 and 1998 respectively. He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1991. He worked with some of the biggest and leading law firms in Nigeria which are Ogunbanjo & Olorunnimbe & Co., Yomi Oshikoya & Co., Fani Kayode & Sowemimo and Ajumogobia & Okeke a foremost commercial Law Firm in Nigeria. Joseph is a Notary Public for Nigeria and member of the Nigeria Bar Association.
Joseph is a seasoned legal practitioner with special bias in commercial litigation, his experience which has spanned for over two decades, has been founded on intensive experience of the Nigerian Court System at all levels. He is a litigator and advisor to clients in proceedings involving commercial, tort, contract disputes, and debt recovery.
In addition, his litigation and arbitration experience span a wide range of areas including, Immigration, International Trade, Company Law, telecommunication, Maritime and Aviation, Intellectual Property, Banks and other Financial Institutions. He also provides secretariat services. Joseph acted in the following transactions:
- He was part of a legal team currently defending and representing one of the leading players in the oil and gas industry in oil spills litigation in several states in Nigeria at the State High Court, Federal High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- He was part of a legal team currently defending and representing one of the leading Tobacco Companies in the world involved in the Tobacco Reimbursement suits across seven (7) states in Nigeria at the State High Courts, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. Rendered advice/legal opinions on various issues bordering on tobacco litigation.
- He acted as a member of a legal team that rendered legal advice to a Multi National maritime company on various issues associated with Maritime and Shipping law.
- He acted as a member of a legal team involved in aviation litigation. The scope of work involves defending International Airlines with respect to suits instituted for loss of baggage, accident claims and also negotiating settlements of the suits.
- He acted as a member of a legal team that defended one of the oldest Banks in Nigeria in several matters including employment and other banking matters.
- He acted as the head of a legal team that represented families of several Nigerians involved in the Kenyan Airways 2000 and EAS 2002 aircraft accidents with regard to proceedings for damages filed at the Federal High Court against the Airlines and other foreign entities.